Dec 15, 2008
“Be careful what you denounce.” — Carrie
That’s what Carrie told me this evening, after I joined Facebook. Facebook is an online social phenomenon I’ve avoided up until now. Why did I finally “fold”, as one co-worker put it?
- Tons of people I know are on Facebook, especially at Clockwork.
- Facebook is fast becoming the social media platform of choice.
- I am a web applications developer and someone that appreciates web tech.
- Facebook Connect intrigues me; I want to explore ways to reduce online identity duplication.
- I was able to delete one more e-mail from my GTD Action folder.
- I should know how to program a VCR! Resisting new technology isn’t my style.
There’s no reason to be obstinate about Facebook any more. I may as well jump in, see what I can learn, have fun, and eat my share of humble pie. See you on the online.